Regional Food Systems Area Advisor (Applied Research and Extension) AP 21-51
Date Posted: December 21, 2021
Closing Date: February 25, 2022
Job Description: Download
The University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources (UC ANR), a statewide program with local development and delivery, is seeking the following UC Cooperative Extension (UCCE) Advisor.
Location Headquarters: Fairfield, Solano County, CA
Purpose: The Regional Food Systems Area Advisor will implement an innovative extension education and applied research program addressing issues related to sustainable agriculture, resilient supply chain, distribution, and processing infrastructure, financing models and food security.
The position involves
- Planning and conducting programs supporting the implementation of food system priorities and initiatives identified in plans such as the Greater Sacramento Regional Prosperity Strategy and the Sacramento Region Food System Action Plan, among others led by UC ANR.
- Enhancing individual, community, and regional food systems
- Integration of UC ANR’s research and extension efforts with community and economic development programs to strengthen local and regional food systems.
This position offers the opportunity to develop an applied research program to investigate a myriad of issues relating to agriculture and strengthening community resilience, improving the regional food economy, and promotion of resilient food systems which improve food security and sovereignty. This position is well positioned to integrate ANR’s research and extension education efforts with community and economic development programs. This position will play a key role in regional food system initiatives spanning the supply chain to improve the competitiveness, profitability, and resilience of food systems across the region.
Counties of Responsibility: This position will be headquartered in Solano County and also serve Yolo, Sacramento, Placer, and Nevada Counties.
Education: A minimum of a Master’s degree in community development, agricultural economics, agricultural sciences, agribusiness, sustainable agriculture or related field is required at the time of appointment.
- Valid driver license.
- Solid understanding of food systems at the local and regional level.
- Live within a commutable distance of the position headquarters during period of appointment.
- Experience in rural and urban communities as well as agricultural-based economies.
- Passion and desire to pursue a career in Cooperative Extension
- Experience in building partnerships and with multidisciplinary teams
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan projects, manage teams and implement an applied research and outreach program, including setting measurable goals and objectives
Salary: The beginning salary will be in the Assistant CE Advisor Rank and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. For information regarding CE advisor series salary scales, please refer to: https://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/358478.pdf
This position is eligible for indefinite status following three successful reviews and subject to terms noted in UC ANR Policy and Procedure Manual, Section 315 https://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/118501.pdf
How to Apply
If interested in this position, please visit: https://recruit.ucanr.edu/ and choose “applicants” (refer to position #21-51)
Closing Date: To assure full consideration, application packets must be received by February 25, 2022 – (open until filled)
Contact Tatiana Avoce email: firstname.lastname@example.org