UCCE Area Director – Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Sutter, Yuba Counties, Job ID 63866
Date Posted: January 19, 2024
Closing Date: Until Filled
Job Description: Download
The University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources (UC ANR) is seeking a UC Cooperative Extension (UCCE) Area Director to provide leadership in support of applied research and outreach programs across Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Sutter, Yuba counties. Our mission is to bring the resources and expertise of UC directly to Californians through research and education programs that support:
- Sustainable, safe, and nutritious food production and delivery
- Economic success in a global economy
- A sustainable, healthy, and productive environment
- Science literacy and youth development
Purpose: The Area Director is responsible for the coordination and overall operation of UCCE programs in cooperation with county government in Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Sutter, and Yuba Counties.
- Act as a liaison between UCCE and County Departments, Boards of Supervisors and County Administrative Officers as appropriate
- Serve as a county department head for the University of California Cooperative Extension department in all geographical units (5 counties total).
- Sutter-Yuba counties are one UC Cooperative Extension unit.
- Secure county budgets and resources that grow UCCE presence and efforts in the region
- Build relationships and synergies to deploy UCCE research to address regional needs
- Supervision and or oversight of UCCE Cooperative Extension employees in the region
- Understand and communicate value of UCCE impact to county decision makers, partners and others
- Oversight and administration of UCCE educational and applied research programs
- Hire and manage personnel
- Provide support, direction and leadership to UCCE academic and staff employees
- Mentor, manage and evaluate academic and staff personnel
- Supervision of UC ANR and County employees and program volunteers
- Maintain positive working relationships with partnering public and private agencies
- Expand collaborations and funding sources.
- Comply with University of California and county policies.
The Area Director oversees management of the physical plant and human resources. They will increase the visibility of UCCE through community engagement, including but not limited to, needs assessments, representing UC ANR in local and/or regional initiatives, participation in relevant policy development, and communicating the positive impacts and benefits realized by the citizens and workforce of the local counties, region and state from the activities and contributions of local UCCE programs.
UCCE is administered by the University of California, Division of Agriculture Natural Resources. UCCE brings the knowledge of University of California research through its agriculture, natural resources, youth development and nutrition programs to address local questions and to help solve local problems. UCCE academics, staff, and volunteers live and work in the communities they serve, helping identify, respond to, and resolve local challenges. UC ANR connects Californians to UC, leading the way to science-based solutions.
Location Headquarters: This position will be headquartered in a UCCE Cooperative Extension office in the region: Oroville, Colusa or Orland.
This position is a career appointment that is 100% fixed.
Pay Scale: $97,600.00/year to $142,900.00/year
Benefits: The University of California offers comprehensive benefits including vacation, sick leave, and approximately thirteen paid holidays per year. For more information, refer to the UC Benefits website at: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
This position will promote, in all ways consistent with the other responsibilities of the position, accomplishment of the Affirmative Action goals established by the Division.
The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check. This is a designated position requiring a background check and may require fingerprinting due to the nature of the job responsibilities. UC ANR does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California Policy on Vaccination Programs, as may be amended or revised from time to time. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
To apply, please visit:
If you are a current employee of our organization please use the following link instead: